rachelthetometraveller

Rachel

Yes, hello I'm Rachel. I read YA and spend my days in a state of perpetual tiredness. Tralalala

The Story of Tom Brennan
J.C. Burke
Froi of the Exiles
Grant Cartwright, Melina Marchetta
Progress: 50 %
"I wanted to tell them that I'd never had a friend, not ever, not a real one. Until Dante. I wanted to tell them that I never knew that people like Dante existed in the world, people who looked at the stars, and knew the mysteries of water, and knew enough to know that birds belonged to the heavens and weren't meant to be shot down from their graceful flights by mean and stupid boys. I wanted to tell them that he had changed my life and that I would never be the same, not ever. And that somehow it felt like it was Dante who had saved my life and not the other way around. I wanted to tell them that he was the first human being aside from my mother who had ever made me want to talk about the things that scared me. I wanted to tell them so many things and yet I didn't have the words."

Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz

I know this is a super long quote, but it's my other fave. Man, this book was seriously so beautiful. It even made me cry a little, which I was not expecting.